Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Using a downloaded effect from Directorzone.
Barry D [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2017 19:22 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have downloaded a particle effect from Directorzone and saved it to Firefoxe's Effects extractor. When trying to access it from Powerdirector however, I just get a message that it has been "successfully installed and is now ready to use. The download is available for Cyberlink Powerdirector." How do I actually upload it to use on the timeline? I am using Powerdirector 18.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 24. 2021 21:34

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Go to the Particle Room and click on Downloaded. If you don’t see it in the Media library then change the Aspect Ratio of your project settings to match that of the Particle that you downloaded and installed.
Barry D [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2017 19:22 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Go to the Particle Room and click on Downloaded. If you don’t see it in the Media library then change the Aspect Ratio of your project settings to match that of the Particle that you downloaded and installed.

Many Thanks Tomasc. It was in the Particle Room. As I started my search in PIP I was looking for it there.
Thanks again, Barry.