Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio cut out at end of video segments
Ragged Jock [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2015 22:16 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have an issue that is quite noticeable with the audio track of a video cutting out for the last 5-6 or so frames on the timeline. I have tried various formats and sources of files and it is the same result.
As an example - I have a number of clips of a motorcyle ride together on the timeline. At each transition or cut the sound of the motorcycle drops out noticeably. It really breaks up the cohesiveness of the sound.
When stretching out the file to the maximum, and then replayed it cuts to silent in the last frames as mentioned above. I noticed at at first during the fade transition, so removed this to see if this was the culprit but it was not. I have tried trimming from various commands - trimmer window, timeline, flyout menu - and the result is still the same.
I recentley upgraded to PD20 Ultimate. I decided to test it in PD18 as well and it has the same result !!
Anyone else have this issue or is it just inherent in PD.

I also have Vegas Pro and Corel VS and the issue does not happen in these programs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2021 09:32

Ragged Jock [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Jan 30, 2015 22:16 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I am replying to my own topic, as I have spent most of the day on this and seem to have deciphered what is going on.

I am posting this, just in case someone else runs into this issue.

Little extra information. The video was captured from DVC tapes (back in the day) through firewire. They were captured as AVI files. I checked the file through MediaInfo and it has 1 video stream and one audio stream (PCM).
I had converted all the files to MP4 using Handbrake and when checked in MediaInfo shows 1 video stream and 2 audio streams (1 -AAC and 1-AC3). When I realized the conversion had added an extra audio stream I figured that could have something to do with the issue. I then converted the file through Avidemux and deleted one of the audio streams.
I then recreated the short video in PD with the same cuts and the problem was solved no sound loss at cuts.

I still have all the original AVI files, so will do the project with these files even though they are extremely large. Back in the early days the AVI's where just too big to be handled well by video editors and that was the reason for the conversion.

Not sure where the extra audio stream got added in, I can only assume it was during the handbrake conversion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2021 15:08

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I doubt it was simply the presence of a second audio stream as PD only reads the first stream in MP4 files. My guess the issue was in the encode settings. Make sure you set a constant fps and a fixed avg bitrate for best compatibility with PD. My guess, PD was simply more compatible with whatever encode settings you used in Avidemux vs the lack of 2nd audio stream.

Jeff