Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Performance Difference Between AMD RX580 vs NVIDIA 3060 or 3070
Hackej19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2018 10:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone,
I currently have a system with a Ryzen 3900XT and an AMD RX580. I'm wondering if an NVIDIA RTX 3060 or 3070 will really give me any kind of a performance bump.
I work mostly with 4K footage and I currently have to use 720p shadow files for smooth editing. Will an NVIDA RTX 3060 or 3070 help me edit at a higher shadow file resolution or native 4k?

Or will my performance be the same?

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know why you're seeing previewing issues on your system unless you typically apply proecssor-heavy edits like flipping/reversing the clips, using speed changes or applying CLUTs/Color Presets.

Make sure you're using HD or Full HD preview resolution and that you have Hardware Decoding and Open CL enabled from the Preferences | Hardware Acceleration menu.

If those don't help and you're working with high bitrate clips, you might want to try converting your 4K source clips to an intermediate format like MagicYUV which stores frames as complete images so there's no decoding needed. You may also want to refer to this similar technical discussion.