Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
creating multiple clips from one audio
drosenbe08132 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2012 11:14 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure of the terminology, but I have a long audio clip that I'd like to either break up into individual clips to use as an album, or, is there some way to mark up the output so that a program like Apple Itunes or Music will read the file and show the individual break points?

If the only option is to break up the file into individual clips, is there a way to produce the entire 'album' as opposed to having to produce the indivual clips?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2021 15:24

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It actually sounds like you're looking for something like "chapters" but I don't think those are available in AD.

You can do that in the free Audacity app as this article shows. You'll also want to use the help file once you've downloaded and installed the app and refer to the Label Tracks and Export Multiple sections.

If you want to work with AD, you'd use Range Selection and then Produce Audio for each individual section/song. All you'll need to do is give each new output file a unique name.