Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio file showing longer than it is
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 24, 2017 08:48 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
I have a audio file about 1 min long but when I put it in powerdirector , it's showing it as a 3 min audio file including a waveform for all 3 mins, even thou there only audio for the 1st min, the problem is lining it up with my video and sometime when I choose a different section to play back e.g if I play 2 mins into the clip it might play the audio at the beginning, meaning I can't even figure out what to trim, it's very strange and I had this happen before which made editing a video and audio together near impossible.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also it is 47 seconds long in my file explorer but as some as I import into powerdirector it become 3mins 20.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
You can attach the media-info of the audio file here,
also try converting the audio to another format. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ArcticPandaPopz [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did about 5 mp3 audio files and the rest where the fine but the 47 second one appeared as about 3 mins in powerdirector. I will find the file info. Hope these are the details you meant. thanks
[Thumb - cyberlink.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
127 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
[Thumb - cyberlink 3.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink 3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - cyberlink 2.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No, Barry was asking you to use the free MediaInfo app so we can see all the technical details.

There's also an online version where you simply drag the suspect clip onto the webpage then save the text results and attach them here.
Micheal49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2019 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No, Barry was asking you to use the free MediaInfo app so we can see all the technical details.

There's also an online version where you simply drag the suspect clip onto the webpage then save the text results and attach them here.

After looking at those three jpgs, here are my two.
[Thumb - cyberlink 2.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
video properties 2
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - cyberlink.jpg]
 Filename
cyberlink.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
video properties 1
 Filesize
118 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Again, what we need are the full technical details that MediInfo will provide.

All you need to do is click on the link in my last post then drag-and-drop the clip you're having trouble with or click on Choose File:

Then click on the blue Download MediaInfo report that will appear and upload that text file here.
Micheal49 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2019 12:42 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Again, what we need are the full technical details that MediInfo will provide.

All you need to do is click on the link in my last post then drag-and-drop the clip you're having trouble with or click on Choose File:

Then click on the blue Download MediaInfo report that will appear and upload that text file here.

See attached.
 Filename
GX040075.MP4_MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
135 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 16. 2021 15:52

optodata
[Post New]
Michael49, why are you posting about your clips on this PD20/365 thread? It looks like you're already being assisted with your issue in the PD18 forum.