Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Warning before updating NewBlueFX plug-ins!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
NewBlue FX just released a slew of updates for their plug-ins, like Stabilizer, Elements 3 Energizer and Filters 5 Refocus. All of the affected packages will show up in the NBFX Activation Manager (and aren't related to the FX bundled with PD), and all afftected version numbers end in x.x.211005 (as in Oct 5 2021).

If you install any of these updates then try to launch any version of PD, it will crash as soon as the media libary contents are shown. If you reboot, newer versions like PD19 or 20 may be able to run, but the updated plug-in will no longer be available. Older PD versions, like PD14 and PD17, will not be able to launch until the updated plugin(s) has/have been removed.

I'm going to report this to both CL and NBFX but please be careful and avoid any of these updates until the issue can be resolved.

As long as you have older installer versions of these plug-ins, you should be able to restore the functionality. I restored my last system image before the PD20 version of PD365 came out and the issue is present in PD19, so this appears to be unrelated to the licensing issue that voided all bundled NBFX last month.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2021 01:37