Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Recording Minimized windows
Hamltnblue [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2015 09:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
Is it possible to record video on minimized screens?
I would like to record a long on-line training video in the background while doing other work.
Thanks
Jim
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think I understand what you're trying to do, and the answer is no.

If you change the record settings to Lock to App, SR does keep recording when the app is minimized but Windows no longer updates the content so you're left with a static image. That's true even if the audio keeps playing, unfortunately.

Assuming there's no way to simply download your online training video, you'll either need to record it when you're not using the computer for other things (like when you're asleep) or else use a second monitor and set SR to record on the one you aren't using.
Hamltnblue [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2015 09:52 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I think I understand what you're trying to do, and the answer is no.

If you change the record settings to Lock to App, SR does keep recording when the app is minimized but Windows no longer updates the content so you're left with a static image. That's true even if the audio keeps playing, unfortunately.

Assuming there's no way to simply download your online training video, you'll either need to record it when you're not using the computer for other things (like when you're asleep) or else use a second monitor and set SR to record on the one you aren't using.

Thank You
I saw a product called WM capture that claims to do so.
Shame we couldn't do something like add a second desktop and record on that one while running off of a second desktop.
Maybe for a future release