CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sky Replacement
Reply to this topic
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 90 Offline
[Post New]
Any idea why the sky replaceent feature cannot be used on a timeline clip? You have to select a source video (which you can pick from the media room) but you can't click on a clip already in your timeline. I'm assuming it is because this plugin has to render the video first.

It would still be nice to be able to click on a clip in your "media content" window and then apply the AI Sky Replacement. vs Selecting the plugin, then pointing to a file in the media room. I think that would be a better workflow. Thoughts?

I also hope they make live playback available. I understand it is resource intensive but come on at least make it an option....

5.If required you can preview what the video will look like, but only one frame at a time using the buttons to step through the video.

Note: regular video playback preview is not available, because the AI Sky Replacement requires a lot of system resources to generate each frame of the new video.

tojjer999 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 13, 2019 18:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Any idea why the sky replaceent feature cannot be used on a timeline clip? You have to select a source video (which you can pick from the media room) but you can't click on a clip already in your timeline. I'm assuming it is because this plugin has to render the video first.

It would still be nice to be able to click on a clip in your "media content" window and then apply the AI Sky Replacement. vs Selecting the plugin, then pointing to a file in the media room. I think that would be a better workflow. Thoughts?

I also hope they make live playback available. I understand it is resource intensive but come on at least make it an option....
5.If required you can preview what the video will look like, but only one frame at a time using the buttons to step through the video.
Note: regular video playback preview is not available, because the AI Sky Replacement requires a lot of system resources to generate each frame of the new video.

The best way I've found to only do a certain section of footage is:

Highlight the clip in the timeline you want to use the Sky replacement on. Then right click and copy it. Save your current project, open a new one and in the timeline paste the clip you've just copied. Then produce that single clip. You have then got that section as a video you can change the sky on, but most importantly use it to replace your original clip you copied. Hope that makes sense.
Reply to this topic