Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I transfer Video setting memories in Power Director 18 and transfer and save in Color Director 7
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
If I input video in power director and set things in fix enhance, etc, can I then send the file to color director and save those settings there and create memory in color director ?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
In a word, no. You can easily just try this by applying any color-related changes to a timeline clip in PD. You'll then see this message when trying to send it to CD:

If you're happy with the edits you've made in PD, you'll need to produce it before bringing it into CD for further work. Otherwise, start by sending it to CD where the changes you made there will be applied to the clip on PD's timeline.

As for setting "memories" in CD, you can save your edits as a preset that can be applied to other clips.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2021 22:40

detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
yes I saw that message when I tried to go to colordirector

problem is that PD 18 had a totally different look when inputting the hdr video and after adding LUT, etc than Color Director after adding the exact same LUT

remember some time ago we all shared a post where an inputted video looked totally different on Power Director versions and also on Color Director versions

in this case the PD 18 had more pop to it but then the outputted files had some malfunctions during playback but converting the same file in Color Director had no issues during playback

this is disappointing since I want the file to have the PD 18 look

also, if I start with the file in Color Director and then go to PD 18, I still have to deal with the playback errors if I convert in PD 18

If you're happy with the edits you've made in PD, you'll need to produce it before bringing it into CD for further work. Otherwise, start by sending it to CD where the changes you made there will be applied to the clip on PD's timeline.

As for setting "memories" in CD, you can save your edits as a preset that can be applied to other clips.