Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Improving playback performance after editing in ColorDirector 9
Ben-Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2014 01:21 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
When I have done color editing in CD and go back to PD, it chugs on the timeline when I try to play it back. I can reduce quality but other than doing that, what can I do to improve performance?

It is barely hitting my computer resources at all so maybe it's another bottleneck? I have ram to spare, GPU running at 5%, CPU at 40% and it's on an SSD.

Are there settings that help it render the CD stuff in real time better? Can I make it use more resources?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Color LUTs and other corrections generally can't be offloaded to a GPU, so I think the best thing to do is to immediately produce in CD or back in PD to "bake in" the corrections so you'll be working with normal, stand-alone clips again.

There have been several posts mentioning notable differences in producing times between CD and PD, so try producing similarly edited clips in each then produce the rest of the clips in the quicker app.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2021 20:44