Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Record Into Mix Without Extreme Hiss and Muffled Audio
Denique Coelum [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 16, 2020 09:38 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have one track in the mix already (my original singing), and I'm trying to record the second track in the mix. However, I get a shocking level of hiss and the audio is muffled and distorted, as if it's picking up interference from somewhere.

I've muted Track 1 while I'm recording Track 2 - I don't need to hear the original audio, I just need to see the timecode in order to match the timing of the original track - so that shouldn't cause any inference. Any ideas? undecided

Ah, solved my own problem. The program was picking up monitor input, despite this option being definitely unselected. Closed and reopened, sorted the problem. Yet another weird AudioDirector glitch...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2021 13:17

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. One thing I've noticed is that if you connect/disconnect any audio devices while AD is opened, the app may not behave as expected so it's a good idea to close it and start over once all your equipment is ready.