Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to install Cyberlink PowerDVD DX7.0
chzuck [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 06, 2021 20:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I think PowerDVD 7 came installed on my Dell Optiplex 9010. I am now trying to re-install the software and keep getting the following error 5011 0x80000ffff. I would appreicate help getting this installed.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
You didn't provide any info about your system, but that message is a Windows installer error message. Windows 10?

That version of PowerDVD is well over 10 years old, so you may have a tough time installing it on a newer non Dell machine.

Dave
chzuck [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You didn't provide any info about your system, but that message is a Windows installer error message. Windows 10?

That version of PowerDVD is well over 10 years old, so you may have a tough time installing it on a newer non Dell machine.

Dave

It is a Dell Optiplex 9010 running Windows 10
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
There is your answer. That version of PowerDVD is too old (12 years or so) and won't work on the latest Windows 10. It's too different.
chaszuck [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2021 02:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There is your answer. That version of PowerDVD is too old (12 years or so) and won't work on the latest Windows 10. It's too different.

I am sure I had installed and even older version that came with my Windows XP Dell. Problem is I cannot find that CD to try and install it. PowerDVD, at least that one, is so simple and worked so well. MS Money still runs on Windows 10 and that is OLD.
chzuck [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There is your answer. That version of PowerDVD is too old (12 years or so) and won't work on the latest Windows 10. It's too different.

I was able to install Power DVD DX7.0 on the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. Installed it in compatibility mode and it works just fine!