Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PiP scale does not show actual display area after zoom in
bjch512 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2021 23:32 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Not sure what I miss here. Your input would be appreciated!

After opening PiP for one clip, I can see the display area in a rectangular frame (the 1st keyframe showin in attached zoom_1.jpg), which should be what we can see in final produce video. After change Scale (by drag the edge of the pic) to zoom in, the pic is enlarged (zoom in effect. the 2nd keyframe in attached zoom_2.jpg). However the original display area (the rectangular) is not changed. If we move the slide bars, we still see the original display area but it's just enlarged. So how can we visually check the zoom in effect (i.e. what will be displayed in final produce video after zoom in)? We can save the scale (zoom in) changes, and go back to PD home page to see the zoom in effect but that's not very convinient as we have to go back to PiP again and again to fine adjust zoom in.

Thanks & regards.
[Thumb - zoom_1.jpg]
 Filename
zoom_1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
410 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - zoom_2.jpg]
 Filename
zoom_2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
463 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 06. 2021 13:46

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Not sure what I miss here. Your input would be appreciated!

After opening PiP for one clip, I can see the display area in a rectangular frame (the 1st keyframe showin in attached zoom_1.jpg), which should be what we can see in final produce video. After change Scale (by drag the edge of the pic) to zoom in, the pic is enlarged (zoom in effect. the 2nd keyframe in attached zoom_2.jpg). However the original display area (the rectangular) is not changed. If we move the slide bars, we still see the original display area but it's just enlarged. So how can we visually check the zoom in effect (i.e. what will be displayed in final produce video after zoom in)? We can save the scale (zoom in) changes, and go back to PD home page to see the zoom in effect but that's not very convinient as we have to go back to PiP again and again to fine adjust zoom in.

Thanks & regards.

Hi,
Maybe I misunderstand but if you play the clip in the PiP designer, it should play as in the final video??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
bjch512 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 21, 2021 23:32 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,
Maybe I misunderstand but if you play the clip in the PiP designer, it should play as in the final video??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes, you are right. We can play the clip in the PiP designer. Then the zoom change will be played. This is what I missed. Thank you for your remind.

What I originally expected (but it doesn't exist in PD 19 Ultimate) is a dsiplay area for final video without actually playing the clip. Please see attached screenshot zoom_2-expected.jpg. The white color rectangular I added in the screenshot is what I expected, which shows the updated view area for the final video after zoom in. If PD 19 had it, we wouldn't have to play the clip to check whether or not zoom is correct. It will make the work easier.

Thanks & regards.
[Thumb - zoom_2-expected.jpg]
 Filename
zoom_2-expected.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
392 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It does seem that your zoom_2.jpg is showing an aspect ratio that is greater than 16:9. Not seeing this issue in the tutorials but you seem to find them.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Yes, you are right. We can play the clip in the PiP designer. Then the zoom change will be played. This is what I missed. Thank you for your remind.

What I originally expected (but it doesn't exist in PD 19 Ultimate) is a dsiplay area for final video without actually playing the clip. Please see attached screenshot zoom_2-expected.jpg. The white color rectangular I added in the screenshot is what I expected, which shows the updated view area for the final video after zoom in. If PD 19 had it, we wouldn't have to play the clip to check whether or not zoom is correct. It will make the work easier.

Thanks & regards.

Hi,

There are two possible workarounds, depending on workflow.
The Zoom tool is specifically designed to make zoom editing easier, so if workflow allows, this might the way to go.
Alternatively, enabling gridlines in the PiP designer will also allow the final view to be visualised during editing.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator