Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
adding and removing tracks: inconsistent behavior
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Just an observation:
I think that the way tracks can be managed in PD is already fairly good.
When adding a FX-track (which btw is a bit cumbersome, why not make that a bit easier CL, like a menu option to add one FX-track?) instead of making the number of audio tracks 0, because of a typo I added 10 audio tracks (10 instead of 0). Then I removed the empty tracks, which resulted in 3 audio tracks only. Maybe it is a feature. When playing a bit more with the adding and removing of tracks, it looked (as far as I could see) a bit inconsistent. One can remove empty tracks, but the first 3 remain. And the remove track option is disabled for the first 3 tracks. In some cases, one ends up with an audio only track as track number 1, which can only be deleted, when moved to the 4th place.
(I have submitted this as a suggestion to CL.)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think you've summarized the situation very well, and I also think the feedback channel is the right way to go.

I know the current situation came up in response to previous feedback where people said they didn't want mandatory title, narration, music and FX tracks, and I personally would like to see a project setting where the default number and type of tracks could be specified as some projects have very different needs than others.

I also find it cumbersome to use the right-click Add Tracks tool since you have to make the quantity changes for all 3 track types before clicking OK, and in my opinion it would be easier to have individual options for adding a single type x track right where the cursor is (iright-click and choose one of these 4 discrete options: Add FX/Video/Audio/AV track here).

I just submitted this idea to rate Us & Provide Suggestions too đź‘Ť