Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7. Drag and drop fade effect to clip doesn't place the effect on the clip
Mitch_Essence [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2021 03:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys, so i drag and drop the fade effect to the end of the clip
to get a fade out but that doesn't place the effect on the clip.
Tried the same for the fade in. Didn't work.

Any suggestions?
Thank you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2021 03:26

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD7 is 13 years old, ancient by tech standards, but you should still be able to drag and drop a fade transition (not an effect, unless they did things really differently back then) directly onto the start or ending of a timeline clip. Maybe a screenshot or screen recording of what you're trying to do would be helpful.

In more recent PD versions, you can also use keyframes to set the opacity level from 0 to 100 to fade in/fade out a clip and that might be an option in PD7 as well. I started with a new PC with an SE version of PD8 but I no longer have any versions prior to PD13 installed. Maybe some longer serving volunteers would have some answers specifically for PD7
Mitch_Essence [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2021 03:15 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD7 is 13 years old, ancient by tech standards, but you should still be able to drag and drop a fade transition (not an effect, unless they did things really differently back then) directly onto the start or ending of a timeline clip. Maybe a screenshot or screen recording of what you're trying to do would be helpful.

In more recent PD versions, you can also use keyframes to set the opacity level from 0 to 100 to fade in/fade out a clip and that might be an option in PD7 as well. I started with a new PC with an SE version of PD8 but I no longer have any versions prior to PD13 installed. Maybe some longer serving volunteers would have some answers specifically for PD7

From the top left corner (Fade effect) I'm dragging down to the bottom right to place where the clip ends.
On the Fade effect square i'm dragging appears the "prohibited/not allowed" symbol when hovered over the clip.

Help section describes Fade only for audio.
Typing "Keyframes" in the index help has no result.

I appreciate your answer.
 Filename
Show fade issue.bmp
[Disk]
 Description
Fade issue
 Filesize
4800 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote From the top left corner (Fade effect) I'm dragging down to the bottom right to place where the clip ends.
On the Fade effect square i'm dragging appears the "prohibited/not allowed" symbol when hovered over the clip.

Help section describes Fade only for audio.
Typing "Keyframes" in the index help has no result.

I appreciate your answer.

That fade will only work for video in the top "Master Video Track" which you are not using. You are trying to use it in a PIP track for which it won't work. If you want to fade a PIP track, double click the video and add the fade there in the motion icon settings.

Jeff