Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Red line down centre of screen on AVCHD playback
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
I have a red Vertical line exactly down the centre of my screen when playing back an AVCHD video - rendered by PD8. Is this some "facility" that I have not enabled in the rendering/production process - help please..

Don

Intel i7/920, 3GB DDR3, ATI 4870, Windows 7 Professional, PD8 2220 download Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Don -

I've never seen anything like that! Do you mean playing back in the preview screen or in a separate player?

What was the source of the clip/footage?

Have you tried Splash (HD player)? It's a beauty! You can get it at http://www.mirillis.com/splash.html

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
donbroadband
Member Location: Caldy, Wirral UK Joined: Aug 06, 2009 06:04 Messages: 119 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony thanks for the response.
I have (just) cracked the problem - it is an option in the ATI Catalyst setting "Video Demo Mode" - there is a box called "Enable Demo Mode" - I had inadvertently ticked that AND the next box called "Split Screen Mode". Once I cleared these - everything was fine - so many facilities!

Regarding Splash - yes it is marvellous, James put me on to it and there is a new release 1.0.4 which solves some sillies - Mirillis are very good and thier support is highly responsive.

Don Gigabyte I7/4940 O/C 4.3, Noctua Cooler 10GB DDR3, 4 x 1TB, 1TB SSD, Geoforce GTX660 TI 8500W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit.