Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Change line space in subtitles room
Hallel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2019 05:17 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to change the space between lines in my subtitle?
If not, is it going to be added soon?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
The question isn't very clear.

Where are you trying to add leading between lines? On the video itself -- or in the Subtitles Room?

I'm not sure why you would want to add line spacing in the Subtitles Room.
Hallel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2019 05:17 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The question isn't very clear.

Where are you trying to add leading between lines? On the video itself -- or in the Subtitles Room?

I'm not sure why you would want to add line spacing in the Subtitles Room.

I want to add (in the subtitle room) a subtitle with two (or more) lines, but the space between the lines is too big, I want to decrease it. Is there a way I can do that?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I want to add (in the subtitle room) a subtitle with two (or more) lines, but the space between the lines is too big, I want to decrease it. Is there a way I can do that?

Hi,
I believe the spacing between lines ("leading" in old typography) is proportional to font size in the subtitle room. The only way to get smaller interline spacing is to use smaller fonts.
I can see no way to alter that constraint from within the subtitle room and, as far as I know, line spacing is not a variable within the structure of standard .srt files, so cannot be implemented within subtitles.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Roland vl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 23, 2017 03:44 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]

Perhaps the bug as in https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97092.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 29. 2022 11:51