Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD18 not inserting audio with clip into tracks
[Post New]
I have PD18.0.3801.0 (64-bit) running on Windows 10 with Nvidia 2070 Studio Driver and Sound Blaster Audigy FX sound card.

When I preview 1-minute clips of video with audio (from my BlackVue dashcam) the video and audio play fine in PD18. But when I insert these clips into the selected track, no audio appears in the track and none plays when in the track. Can someone assist in troubleshooting this unusual problem, please?

Attached is a MediaInfo pic of the vid files as they are from the dashcam.
[Thumb - 240853960_168155882043653_1775965118781223772_n.png]
 Filename
240853960_168155882043653_1775965118781223772_n.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
315 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have BlackVue dash cams and haven't had any problems using them in PD, although mine are encoded with HEVC rather than AVC.

Please attach a screenshot or the text output of Tree view from MediaInfo so we can see all the details, and also a screenshot of what your timeline looks like once you've dragged a problematic clip to the timeline.

You can also try downloading the front & rear clips from this OneDrive folder (no need to sign in if prompted) and see what happens when you place them on the timeline.
[Post New]
Quote I have BlackVue dash cams and haven't had any problems using them in PD, although mine are encoded with HEVC rather than AVC.

Please attach a screenshot or the text output of Tree view from MediaInfo so we can see all the details, and also a screenshot of what your timeline looks like once you've dragged a problematic clip to the timeline.

You can also try downloading the front & rear clips from this OneDrive folder (no need to sign in if prompted) and see what happens when you place them on the timeline.

Thank you for your quick response. I have downloaded your two clips and added them to the project to see what happens (your 2 clips are the last 2 in my timeline so you can see the difference). I have also screen snapped the tree view of one of my clips as requested. It was long so that pic is in two pieces.
[Thumb - 240944464_949351875650319_2257956585043431858_n.png]
 Filename
240944464_949351875650319_2257956585043431858_n.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2762 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - 240877771_960750691156166_9027079524199289021_n.png]
 Filename
240877771_960750691156166_9027079524199289021_n.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
216 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - 240918216_305639821333807_1662143054225856321_n.png]
 Filename
240918216_305639821333807_1662143054225856321_n.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
665 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the new screenshots. FYI you can export the MediaInfo details as a text file from the File > Export menu and that can be attached and uploaded here ๐Ÿ‘

I wonder if you'd be willing to share the same clip you detailed with MediaInfo. The forum's attachment size limit is somewhere around 100MB so it should barely squeeze under the limit. Use Google Drive/OneDrive if the forum times out and the uploaded file doesn't show up when you preview your post.

Also, which BlackVue dashcam model is this from? Search the forum for BlackVue to see some of the issues various other users have had and the workarounds for getting the clips to work.
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for the new screenshots. FYI you can export the MediaInfo details as a text file from the File > Export menu and that can be attached and uploaded here ๐Ÿ‘

I wonder if you'd be willing to share the same clip you detailed with MediaInfo. The forum's attachment size limit is somewhere around 100MB so it should barely squeeze under the limit. Use Google Drive/OneDrive if the forum times out and the uploaded file doesn't show up when you preview your post.

Also, which BlackVue dashcam model is this from? Search the forum for BlackVue to see some of the issues various other users have had and the workarounds for getting the clips to work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18HOrtiXRQUqNabd6j4Evodt4HY1SiHeO/view?usp=sharing

Here's the share for the clip. I didn't think about exporting that. My bad. I have the BlackVue DR750X-2CH Plus.
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for the clip. PD doesn't like the MP3 center audio encoding on my system either. I tried running the clip through AudioDirector but the audio was very harsh, clipped and distorted after producing.

I then ran it through VirtualDub2 and converted the audio to AAC. Everything works and sounds great in PD, so download the re-encoded file from here and it should work on your system.

In the short term, unless you can change the recording settings in your DR750X-2CH Plus, you'll need to run each clip through a free 3rd party converter like VirtualDub2, Handbrake or Audacity (if you don't mind extracting the audio and placing that directly under each video clip in PD).

In the longer term, I think you should report this to CL Tech Support so they can investigate (and possibly patch PD) to handle these specific clips. You can open a support ticket here, and be sure to include a link to this forum discussion so they can see everything that's happened so far.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2021 18:50

[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the clip. PD doesn't like the MP3 center audio encoding on my system either. I tried running the clip through AudioDirector but the audio was very harsh, clipped and distorted after producing.

I then ran it through VirtualDub2 and converted the audio to AAC. Everything works and sounds great in PD, so download the re-encoded file from here and it should work on your system.

In the short term, unless you can change the recording settings in your DR750X-2CH Plus, you'll need to run each clip through a free 3rd party converter like VirtualDub2, Handbrake or Audacity (if you don't mind extracting the audio and placing that directly under each video clip in PD).

In the longer term, I think you should report this to CL Tech Support so they can investigate (and possibly patch PD) to handle these specific clips. You can open a support ticket here, and be sure to include a link to this forum discussion so they can see everything that's happened so far.

Thank you so very much for your help. Your modified clip works great. I'll have to use that VirtualDub2 until I can get it worked out with BlackVue to see if there's a fix for the way my cam records. Hopefully, it's just a setting I can change. I'll know in a couple of days since my car is loaned out to my sister. I'll give CL the heads up also.

Be well,
KennyD
optodata
[Post New]
Sounds good.

I've attached the .vdproject settings file that you can open in VDub2 (File | Load Project) and apply directly to all your clips. Save them as type MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14) (*.mp4) and they should come out just like my example ๐Ÿ‘
 Filename
BlackVue Audio Conversion.vdproject
[Disk]
 Description
VDub2 project settings file
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
125 time(s)
Jimbo1234512345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2010 19:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sounds good.

I've attached the .vdproject settings file that you can open in VDub2 (File | Load Project) and apply directly to all your clips. Save them as type MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14) (*.mp4) and they should come out just like my example ๐Ÿ‘

Hi Has this problem been resolved in PD 365 because I seem to have the exact same issue, same camera setup too.

I have PD 365, all updates applied. When I import the balckvue mp4 files into the medai library and select it and play the video in the preview, the sound works 100% fine. However if I drag it down into the track below and then play the track, no sound!!!

If i produce the clip, still no sound.

When I look at the media properties on that in the media folder, the audio property says:

"No audio information"

When I drag that same clip to the track, and look at the properties of the clip, there is no audio feild properties.

So to sumarize I can play the clips from the media library on the preview and can hear the sound, sound quality is excellent. But if I drag that same clip down to the track, then play the track in the preview - there is no sound. If i produce the clip to mp4 or any format I choose, the produce file has no sound.

So I would like to ask PD Support to look into this issue as it is still a problem in PD 365, unless @KennyD has found a solution... If so, please share what solution here.

Kind Regards
Jim
optodata
[Post New]
Quote So I would like to ask PD Support to look into this issue as it is still a problem in PD 365, unless @KennyD has found a solution... If so, please share what solution here.

Kind Regards
Jim

The link to the previously shared clip is no longer working, so you'll need to provide a new sample clip if you want other people to test it now.

Based on your descriptions, it appears that PD365 is still not handling the audio correctly so you'll need to submit a support request directly to CL from their Contact Us page and see if they will address the issue. OP never posted back so I don't know if they ever submitted a ticket or received an official response.

In the meantime, changing the encoding settings for the camera or converting the already-recorded clips as described above are the only other options.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 05. 2022 01:10

Jimbo1234512345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2010 19:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

The link to the previously shared clip is no longer working, so you'll need to provide a new sample clip if you want other people to test it now.

Based on your descriptions, it appears that PD365 is still not handling the audio correctly so you'll need to submit a support request directly to CL from their Contact Us page and see if they will address the issue. OP never posted back so I don't know if they ever submitted a ticket or received an official response.

In the meantime, changing the encoding settings for the camera or converting the already-recorded clips as described above are the only other options.

I had a look at changing the encoding in the camera setup - but this setting is not available from the programs I use - so it is not an option anymore.

I have previously logged a ticked on this but PD support sent me a whole lot of stuff to send them which is silly really since they could simply do a simple google search and find all these forum hits - so I gave up on that idea to follow through with what they were requeting.

Surely they already know.

I also used EasyUS Video editor and the audio comes across no issues with a basic windows application. PD365 I would think is a much more sophisticated application and should cover what other basic apps already cover.

Jim