Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What is best tactic to brighten a portrait
AngTC88 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 21, 2021 01:45 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am taking a person portrait on the beach , the photo end up bright background and the person is dark.
What is the best tactic to brighten the person that I am focusing not affecting much on the background in the PhotoDirector
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thre are several ways to do that. The quickest way is to click on the "magic wand" icon in the Tone section on the Adjustment | Manual tab:

That may or may not give you the results you want, so you can also/instead adjust the Exposure, Contrast, Dark, Darkest and Dehaze controls to bring out the best detail. You may also want to try the HDR Effect (located further down) to bring out darker detail while keeping the brightest areas.

See the PhD online Help site for more details on using each of these controls.
[Post New]
Hello

To make adjustments to only part of the photo, you need to apply an Adjustment Mask

There are quite a few tutorials available on this topic, including those at the CL Learning Centre optodata linked.This tutorial deals with the same thing laughing

PIX PIX YouTube channel
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Ah, that's a key part I missed in my response. Glad you clarified things!
[Post New]
We'll just call it a combined effort, optodata.

AngTC88 - Here are the basic steps of adjusting a section of the photo using Adjustment Selection:

PIX PIX YouTube channel