Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Audio when play, yet hear audio when move timeline cursor?
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
I placed an audio clip, .mp3. in a video.
When I play the video in the edit or preview mode I hear no audio, yet if I move the timeline cursor over the audio I can hear the audio.
Also, if I "Produce" the video the audio is present in the produced version.

Any thoughts on what I can do to hear the inserted audio while in the edit mode?

thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Not all mp3 files are compatible with PD19, simply convert to a wav file and you should be fine for timeline playback and/or producing.

Jeff
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Not all mp3 files are compatible with PD19, simply convert to a wav file and you should be fine for timeline playback and/or producing.

Jeff

Thanks so much Jeff.
Yes that worked fine. Only a minor inconvenience to convert to .wav.

Thanks again!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks so much Jeff.
Yes that worked fine. Only a minor inconvenience to convert to .wav.

Thanks again!

Not sure the source of your mp3 or what controls you have. Often if you create just a very basic mp3, with a common and constant bitrate, it will work fine too if that's more convenient. When in doubt, wav usually your best bet for compatibility with PD.

Jeff