Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound out of synch after using Audio Director
MichelPion [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2021 16:12 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello All,

This is the first time I'm trying to use Audio Director. Basically what i'm trying to achieve is to copy the left channel audio to the right channel to equalize the sound from one to the other since the sound is much louder on one side. I copied the channel in Audio Director, so far so good, but when I close Audio director and go back to Power Director (365) the audio is out of synch! Has anybody else had this issue and have a solution, or else Is there a workaround i could use to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There are a couple ways to do this. It sounds like you're using the "round trip" method, where you have a clip on PD's timeline then select it and choose to edit the audio using AD. AD then opens up, you make your changes then close AD and the updated audio replaces the original audio on PD's timeline. If that's the case, double check the audio waveform before and afterward to see if there is any obvious shift.

The other way is to open the desired clip in AD directly. Make the changes and produce the clip before closing AD. If you produce as a video, you'll end up with a new clip with the updated audio, ready to import into PD. See if the sync issue is present in that clip.

If you produce only the audio in AD, import that into PD along with the original clip and place one on directly above the other. See if they play in sync like that. If not, select both clips then click on the Sync by Audio button that will appear above the timeline and see what the alignment looks like.

Take screenshots, save them as JPG or PNG then use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to upload them here if you need more assistance.
[Post New]
Hello MichelPion,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

I'm unable to replicate the issue here, with round tripping, so far.

I simulated your procedure of editing the audio in ADR from PDR. In ADR, I removed the audio from one channel & replaced it with a copy of the other channel.

The same procedure was followed for a number of clips with different durations (00:00:10:15, 00:00:45:24, & 00:02:15:12). In each case, the clip returned to PDR had the same duration as the original & was in sync with the video. The clips used were .MOV files from iPhone12, with AAC audio.

What are the video/audio properties of your original clip?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
MichelPion [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello MichelPion,

Welcome to the AudioDirector forum laughing

I'm unable to replicate the issue here, with round tripping, so far.

I simulated your procedure of editing the audio in ADR from PDR. In ADR, I removed the audio from one channel & replaced it with a copy of the other channel.

The same procedure was followed for a number of clips with different durations (00:00:10:15, 00:00:45:24, & 00:02:15:12). In each case, the clip returned to PDR had the same duration as the original & was in sync with the video. The clips used were .MOV files from iPhone12, with AAC audio.

What are the video/audio properties of your original clip?

PIX

Thank you for the reply. The original footage is from a Sony camera. The audio is in MPEG format and the video is MPEG-2

Hope this helps

Thanks again
MichelPion [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK just as a follow-up, I discovered where the problem occured. In the original footage there is a glitch where the image freezes for maybe a second or two and then starts again. It would seems that it's at that point that I'm loosing the synchronicity in Audio Director. Strangely enough I do not have the same problem in PD.