Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can "Real Time" or Absolute Time in a Video Clip be Read?
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to view the Real-Time on a video clip within PD? Where now the cursor displays video length at its position, is there a way to display Real-Time or the absolute time at the cursor position? Or change the timeline to real-time?

I ask as this would allow me to be able to stitch together clips from multiple cameras where I need to maintain a proper time sequence.

I think being able to have an Absolute TImeline display and have PD place the clip at the correct time would be an absolute game-changer for me when I'm trying to make sense of clips from multiple cameras.

Your insights are welcome

Thank you!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2021 23:58

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD cannot. I'm not sure how you would use it to sync anyhow, the "Real Time" between the two recorders is not in sync either. You might have set them both and could be within a few seconds or so, but you have no standard IRIG timecode between all device. Additionally, the timecode is often a few seconds to maybe 5 second intervals, not a lot of help for syncing. It would get you in the ballpark, but no real sync capability. But yes, there are utilities that can read the time.

I've always found it best when I use multiple cameras at an event is to always have them on. No manning of the camera to pause recording at all. In that longer record session I can always find and isolate on some noise to sync on. In such case you only need to find 1 sync point, it does make for more editing cuts though.

Jeff