Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Million shutterstock assets?
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
I have Director Suite 365 and just installed the latest PowerDirector version, 19.7.3115.0 (64-bit).

I keep reading that it comes with a million shutterstock videos, pictures, and music clips. I don't expect the shutterstock import window to show a million items, but where do I get them?

Are the new ones free?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31. 2021 13:24

Jerry Schwartz
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Just click on the red Shutterstock Premium Media icon in the Media Content room to bring up the dedicated browser. Use the Search bar to type in the kind of content you want to use. Only content avaiable to PD users/subscribers will be shown and all are included in the license. In other words, there is no additional cost to use any of the accessible clips.

There are many times more Shutterstock assets that aren't available with a PD license, but noe of those will show up in the PD/SS browser.
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just click on the red Shutterstock Premium Media icon in the Media Content room to bring up the dedicated browser. Use the Search bar to type in the kind of content you want to use. Only content avaiable to PD users/subscribers will be shown and all are included in the license. In other words, there is no additional cost to use any of the accessible clips.

There are many times more Shutterstock assets that aren't available with a PD license, but noe of those will show up in the PD/SS browser.

From the Director Suite 365 product page:

Royalty-Free Stock Library Powered by Shutterstock

Find assets for any project with access to Shutterstock’s massive stock library. Search and select from hundreds of thousands of stock videos, photos, and music tracks, right in the app.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Right. Is there a question in there somewhere?
jerrys
[Post New]
Quote Right. Is there a question in there somewhere?

The operative phrase is "hundreds of thousands of stock videos, photos, and music tracks, right in the app."

Where are they? By my reckoning, the browser has well under 100,000.

Right below the phrase I quoted is another little blurb:

Unlimited Access to Shutterstock.
Access to Shutterstock’s massive video, image, and music track catalogs, right inside the app.

What am I misunderstanding here?

(I fully recognize that browsing through hundreds of thousands of resources in that little window would be impractible.)
optodata
[Post New]
Quote What am I misunderstanding here?

(I fully recognize that browsing through hundreds of thousands of resources in that little window would be impractible.)

I'm not sure. I imagine CL's marketing department wrote those blurbs and it's possible that what they intended to get across and how you're interpreting them are different.

I don't know if browsing through all available assests this way is practical or not, but that's the only way to access them for use in PD. In my experience, playing around with the search phrase greatly affects the filtered content, and searching is the best way to bring up relevant content from the sea of available choices.

If you have any thoughts on how it could be improved, the best way to let CL know is to use Rate Us & Provide Suggestions from the File menu.
jerrys
[Post New]

I'm not sure. I imagine CL's marketing department wrote those blurbs and it's possible that what they intended to get across and how you're interpreting them are different.

I suppose it's possible that this will be cleared up when I install 2022. If not, then I should open a ticket.

I really hoped that someone here would know.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 02. 2021 15:55