Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
All at once?
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any possibility that titles, effects and other downloadables
will ever be put together in a single file?
For example, every month, the entire lineup of the month's new ones
being available to download in one file? Intel i5-9400F / B 360M MB (MS-7B19) 2.9 Ghz /
32 GB DDR4 / Radeon RX580
Personal website https://www.PENwords.net
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Since this is a forum of users, and Cyberlink function decision makers don't read all this (so they claim), I suggest to put your suggestion forward using the "Rate us & Provide suggestions option in the File menu.

With the (little) knowledge I have of the structure PD uses for templates and downloaded files, and looking at the structure where I see folders of a long series of older versions, I think that MANUALLY introducing some sort of time-line would be possible, maybe do so experimenting? Would be a lot of extra work though and no single file.
However, note that PD has to go through all those folders collecting the new and the older files before making them available in the various media and effects rooms, I would assume that it will take much time for PD after startup to make it all readily available for usage. I think that even now this extra load time is already barely acceptable.
Question of course is: what would be the benefit of such line up in one file per month?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 30. 2021 04:17

PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Since this is a forum of users, and Cyberlink function decision makers don't read all this (so they claim), I suggest to put your suggestion forward using the "Rate us & Provide suggestions option in the File menu.

With the (little) knowledge I have of the structure PD uses for templates and downloaded files, and looking at the structure where I see folders of a long series of older versions, I think that MANUALLY introducing some sort of time-line would be possible, maybe do so experimenting? Would be a lot of extra work though and no single file.
However, note that PD has to go through all those folders collecting the new and the older files before making them available in the various media and effects rooms, I would assume that it will take much time for PD after startup to make it all readily available for usage. I think that even now this extra load time is already barely acceptable.
Question of course is: what would be the benefit of such line up in one file per month?

The benefit?
Saving users the time of cllicking 30 times to download all files.
Archiving would be great as well
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]

The benefit?
Saving users the time of cllicking 30 times to download all files.
Archiving would be great as well

AHA, I understand. Well, given that it takes time for PD to get ready presenting all its features and this all takes a lot of disk space I have not downloaded every and all the goods. As it also takes time to browse through all the features to get the one you need, I have tried to keep the libaries as slim as possible. (And when I dont find what I would need I start looking for what is available on line).

As said, put out your suggestion to CL.

Take care!