Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to fix color banding?
CM120884 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2017 12:25 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
What's the best way to fix color banding if your video output has some of it? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
[Post New]
Hello CM120884,

I gather, from what you're saying, that there's no obvious banding in the original clips but it's apparent in the produced file. Is that correct?

Colour banding, or "posterisation", is a display issue on monitors & TVs where there aren't enough tones available to render/display the original gradient.

Could you please provide some details?
Properties of the original video: resolution, bitrate, colour/bit depth etc
Properties of the produced video
Any adjustments made during editing? e.g. application of LUT, colour adjustment, etc.

Even better, if you could also provide screenshots or a short video sample members might be able to offer some advice.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
CM120884 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 07, 2017 12:25 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello CM120884,

I gather, from what you're saying, that there's no obvious banding in the original clips but it's apparent in the produced file. Is that correct?

Colour banding, or "posterisation", is a display issue on monitors & TVs where there aren't enough tones available to render/display the original gradient.

Could you please provide some details?
Properties of the original video: resolution, bitrate, colour/bit depth etc
Properties of the produced video
Any adjustments made during editing? e.g. application of LUT, colour adjustment, etc.

Even better, if you could also provide screenshots or a short video sample members might be able to offer some advice.

PIX

Yes it is in the edited and produced video.
[Post New]
I'm glad I understood correctly. Thank you for confirming.

If you could provide answers to my requests/questions, that would allow us to work on a solution.

PIX PIX YouTube channel