Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 19 Support for DTS-MA mono & stereo?
cinenoir21 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2020 22:36 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Some otherwise very enjoyable BD movies from my collection have loud explosions or a few scenes with too much violence. And some of them have an excellent sounding lossless DTS-MA mono or stereo soundtrack. I haven't read any PD19 tutorials for how to do this yet, but my question is can I copy the BD movie's disc folders to my system HDD drive or storage HDD, cut out the offending scenes (and/or attenuate the overly loud sound levels), burn the folders to a BD-R or BD-RE disc while retaining the lossless DTS-MA soundtrack?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 28. 2021 20:43

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Some otherwise very enjoyable BD movies from my collection have loud explosions or a few scenes with too much violence. And some of them have an excellent sounding lossless DTS-MA mono or stereo soundtrack. I haven't read any PD19 tutorials for how to do this yet, but my question is can I copy the BD movie's disc folders to my system HDD drive or storage HDD, cut out the offending scenes (and/or attenuate the overly loud sound levels), burn the folders to a BD-R or BD-RE disc while retaining the lossless DTS-MA soundtrack?

No, PD19 will reencode the audio to a lossy DTS format from your DTS-HD MA lossless source.

Jeff