Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD only use integrated graphics after formatting, not use nVidia GPU
eduard14 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2020 11:06 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys, first of all say that I have read multiple threads with this problem, but none seem to serve me. I open the thread because I need your help, thanks!

Start, I have windows 7 professional on a lenovo laptop and I used all versions of Power Director 16, 17, 18, 19 ... in the past with my Nvidia graphics instead of the integrated intel.

However, for other reasons my PC was very bad and slow so many years and I decided to format it and reinstall windows 7 pro from scratch (because my original license is for this OS, and windows 10 I don't like it).

I reinstalled the Intel integrated GPU drivers, and the dedicated Nvidia drivers. As well as all the drivers that correspond to the laptop.

The pc works correctly, everything is fast and the nvidia graphics works good, less in a program (that I use) power director...
Here my agony started, power director does not work with nvidia in any way. Not right button run with graphics processor> nvidia. I can't select the GPU by default either (cannot be selected, it's gray in panel control of Nvidia).

I installed the latest versions of the nvidia and intel drivers and it didn't work. I look for the older versions of the drivers and it doesn't work either. I started searching and I found several threads in this forum, but none of the solutions work for me.

I went back to old versions 19, 18, 17 and nothing. I have verified that I am not missing C ++ or visual studio, check it bios version, I install windows updates, I don't know what to do anymore... what am I missing? I do not understand why it does not work now, if before it worked for me for years and years

Before formatting it worked perfectly, but now it is impossible to use the graph in cyberlink
Postdata: Thanks in advance, I hope someone can help me, I'm depressed because it's the only video editing program that I use my whole life

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 28. 2021 12:52

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
With PD18 and prior versions, the only reliable way for PD18 to use the Nvidia GPU for encoding is to see if your BIOS supports iGPU disable feature and if so, disable it. Not all laptops support feature so you simply have to check for your platform. dGPU can be used for some timeline playback and produce features when iGPU a dGPU are both active via Optimus, just not encoding.

In PD19 CL added a control to use GPU for encoding, however other tasks like timeline playback will still use iGPU if enabled.

Jeff
eldoodarino2002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2022 07:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I can't get mine to work no matter what i do...

want to chuck the whole bloody lot out the window... wasted a day so far

frown
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I can't get mine to work no matter what i do...

There are many possible reasons for this, and in order for anybody here on the forum to help we'd need to know some specific details.

Please provide the exact version of PD you're working with, like PD14 Ultimate 14.0.4207.0, then attach the DxDiag test results as described in the Read Me Before Posting guide.