Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
De-reverb
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Does any one here use the de-reverb function in Audio director for their videos? How good is the result? And how seemlessly does Audio Director work within Power Director?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Does any one here use the de-reverb function in Audio director for their videos? How good is the result? And how seemlessly does Audio Director work within Power Director?

My experience, most features can improve something with enough effort but usually nothing near perfect. To evaluate this de-verb feature, I simply used AD to apply a reverb, and then tried to de-verb it. An improvement, but I surely did not recover the source.

Integration is fairly seamless although some users have issues with this round-trip procedure. The roundtripping is rather basic, when invoked from PD, AD opens with the audio file. Once edits are complete, AD upon close returns to PD and unlinks audio and video of the subject clip, creates a wav file of audio with modifications applied. One can then relink this audio with the video in the timeline if desired. The wav file also available in the media library.

Jeff
[Post New]
Hello Esseff,

As Jeff has pointed out, some users have found the De-reverb feature to require a bit of tweaking. optodata, in this thead, found that it took a number of passes to decrease the reverb significantly & achieve an acceptable result.

Just like Jeff said, "most features can improve something with enough effort but usually nothing near perfect."

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the responses!

I method I use at the moment is to export the voice-over track (that has reverb) from PD as wav and import into Ableton, do the de-reverb, export as wav, reimport into PD and align.... phew...

Ableton has great native tools and of course there are tons of plug-ins to use too. But what a schlepp.