Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
fine editing of video
Ambientdave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2021 07:24 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyonelaughing

As a fairly new learner of PD365 verision 19.6 I'm finding it a little bit difficult to trim my videos in a precise way.

Some of my cuts are not in the right place and I need to go back a step to correct each time

So what would be the best way of doing the precise edits?

,I had found the seek by function,via the preview window and selected frames. And using the left and right arrow keys to

step through each frame, to trim and cut my video

is this the correct thing to do,Im not sure.? I have zoomed into my timeframe too also

Any help or advice would be welcome

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 27. 2021 07:28

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I find the Hotkey, "," (comma, previous frame) and "." (period, next frame) quicker to use than mouse clicking the preview window arrows.

Not really necessary to be zoomed in on the timeline unless desired, you are going through the footage a frame at a time. When you have the scrubber at the correct spot, just use "Ctrl T" to split.

Jeff
Ambientdave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I find the Hotkey, "," (comma, previous frame) and "." (period, next frame) quicker to use than mouse clicking the preview window arrows.

Not really necessary to be zoomed in on the timeline unless desired, you are going through the footage a frame at a time. When you have the scrubber at the correct spot, just use "Ctrl T" to split.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,appreciate your help. Great tip there,will try that out!
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I find the Hotkey, "," (comma, previous frame) and "." (period, next frame) quicker to use than mouse clicking the preview window arrows.

Jeff

Didn 't know about the ',' and '.'. I really gotta start using hotkeys. Great tip!
Ambientdave [Avatar]
[Post New]

Didn 't know about the ',' and '.'. I really gotta start using hotkeys. Great tip!

Yes its a great tip,

I did know too,ha,ha. Quite new to PD365 and video editing .I must read the manul and learn more,

Update

So I have been playing around with some old video and practising making fine edits here is what I have discovered (to my joy,ha,ha)

I have zoomed in and found the cursor exactly on the start of a frame and make a cut it snaps to that frame

And also am leaving the Seek by setting to frames for now,found that by setting seconds or minutes it gives me a wider range

Thanks again for eveyones help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 28. 2021 03:57

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Just for completeness - video can be edited to frame level, but audio can be edited to 1/10 frame level if Preferences>Editing>Enlarge timeline scale for audio track is selected.
In this situation the timeline scrubber still snaps to video frames, the hotkeys also snap to video frames, but audio keyframes can be selected on the audio level line at 1/10th frame markers.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Ambientdave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,
Just for completeness - video can be edited to frame level, but audio can be edited to 1/10 frame level if Preferences>Editing>Enlarge timeline scale for audio track is selected.
In this situation the timeline scrubber still snaps to video frames, the hotkeys also snap to video frames, but audio keyframes can be selected on the audio level line at 1/10th frame markers.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks very much,great tip there

Ben practising editing old video,making use of the hot keys etc. Its going to be a case of practising on my days off work.

Creatiing video contents for my Youtube channel and applying what I have learned he,he

Cheers

David