Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Stuttering video
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
I made a video using a 3rd party audio (music) file and overlaying still images on the audio. I produced this as an mp4 and played it in VLC, no problem. Uploaded it to Youtube but both the video and audio stuttered toward the end. I deleted the video from Youtube thinking maybe the upload corrupted the file somehow. I uploaded the exact same video to Youtube again (absuolutely no changes, no re-produce, the exact same file) and this time it stuttered in the the beginning.

Is this a sample rate issue that isn't playing nice with Youtube? Or maybe an export option? What could cause this? Please help.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
YouTube re-encodes your video to make it streamable, so it's not likely related to the video you've uploaded. Especially if your MP4 plays fine on your computer.

Can you share the link to the YouTube video so we can see it? It's possible the YouTube video is fine but something is wrong in the stream you're watching.
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote YouTube re-encodes your video to make it streamable, so it's not likely related to the video you've uploaded. Especially if your MP4 plays fine on your computer.

Can you share the link to the YouTube video so we can see it? It's possible the YouTube video is fine but something is wrong in the stream you're watching.

Can't share it, deleted when I saw it wasn't playing right. Played it on my desktop and my mobile. Stuttered in the exact same place each time.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can't share it, deleted when I saw it wasn't playing right. Played it on my desktop and my mobile. Stuttered in the exact same place each time.

Have you tried uploading this project online directly from the PD19 Produce tab instead of creating an mp4 first… It may succeed as a different codec is used. Let us know.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I made a video using a 3rd party audio (music) file and overlaying still images on the audio. I produced this as an mp4 and played it in VLC, no problem. Uploaded it to Youtube but both the video and audio stuttered toward the end. I deleted the video from Youtube thinking maybe the upload corrupted the file somehow. I uploaded the exact same video to Youtube again (absuolutely no changes, no re-produce, the exact same file) and this time it stuttered in the the beginning.

Is this a sample rate issue that isn't playing nice with Youtube? Or maybe an export option? What could cause this? Please help.

You don't provide any specs you used for your mp4 file produce. I'd try H.264 with the default 1920 x 1080/30p profile and then create a custom profile from this and modify the video tab to have 30fps, by default in NTSC region, PD will produce 29.97fps even for the 30p. Also change the bitrate to 30000 Kbps since just pics.

See how that works for you.

Jeff
Esseff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to have to go through these one at a time and see what has the best result.

I'm going to start by trying 1080p. I exported as 4k which is total overkill for this sort of thing.