Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to import new media
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
I am able to import media to a new project, but unable to add new media to that same project. I follow the same process, and select the new clips to import, but nothing happens.

I'm importing from my GoPro Hero7 Black.

I would appreciate any suggestions on troubleshooting. I just updated the software to 19.6.3016.0.

Here's my dxdiag.txt

Thanks!
 Filename
Myemerald DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
97 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
141 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jul 22. 2021 12:34

DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
At first glance it sound like maybe something's wrong with that specific project.

What happens if you use Save As and try again? If that doesn't work, reopen the project, click on the timeline and type Ctrl+A to select all content. Then create a new project and paste the old project's content on the timeline and save that. Are you now able to import new media clips?
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Quote At first glance it sound like maybe something's wrong with that specific project.

What happens if you use Save As and try again? If that doesn't work, reopen the project, click on the timeline and type Ctrl+A to select all content. Then create a new project and paste the old project's content on the timeline and save that. Are you now able to import new media clips?

Hi Optodata, as always, thanks for coming to my assistance. I just realized the problem - I'm trying to import from my GoPro, not my computer. yell I THOUGHT that's what I did with the original files, but I must have imported from my pc. I just imported another file to this project and it worked. smile