Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to break up a long video
Ambientdave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 13, 2021 07:24 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyonesmile

So I have had a look around in the help menu of PD365 and so far,not found an answer.As I am very new to PD 365,

I have a few fairly long videos, (20 min or so) Which I am editing, right now,but will be uploading to my Youtbe channel soon

Can I break the video into sections?,To keep the viewer interested and make it easier to naviagte? If so how?

I have seen chapters but that looks like for producing dvd's .icould be wrong

Sure, I am aware I can create chapters in Youtube,but I want to make sure the sections of my video,sync with the description, before uploadinghe,he

Appreciate any help

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD offers no automatic size splitting be it on time or filesize, you simply do it manually.

Several possible methods:
1) Edit as complete project and then use the "Range Produce" option to create however many pieces of video you want at your defined break points.
2) Edit as complete project and then manually copy the pds file for as many pieces you desire and manually cut the timeline of each pds file to create individual projects at your defined break points.
3) Edit as complete project and "Produce" one large final video. Bring video back into a new PD edit session and manually split at your desired break points and "Produce" each piece.

Jeff
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
This tutorial may also be helpful.

Ambientdave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD offers no automatic size splitting be it on time or filesize, you simply do it manually.

Several possible methods:
1) Edit as complete project and then use the "Range Produce" option to create however many pieces of video you want at your defined break points.
2) Edit as complete project and then manually copy the pds file for as many pieces you desire and manually cut the timeline of each pds file to create individual projects at your defined break points.
3) Edit as complete project and "Produce" one large final video. Bring video back into a new PD edit session and manually split at your desired break points and "Produce" each piece.

Jeff

Thanks a lot,I will look into this a bit more
Ambientdave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This tutorial may also be helpful.

Thanks very much
Bedivers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2021 23:46 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks a lot,I will look into this a bit more

Can Someone Please create a batch Job that can be downloaded and then the user can edited to split a 1 or XXXX number of large videos to smaller videos in a chosen directory? PLEASE!!! embarassedcoolinnocentkiss

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 20. 2021 04:53

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There isn't any feature like that in PD for splitting clips. You may want to look at Scene Detection in the Help file (Press the F1 key and search in the online help page)
Ambientdave [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks everyone for you replies,much appreciated!

Looks like Youtube has just launched an Autochapter feature for any new videos that are uploaded.

Not sure how it works in practice

As I haven't used it yet, but keen to see how this works.Will be a great timesaver for sure,he,he

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2021 04:35