Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This is Guest account. Please change to an Admin account
EddyHD [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Sep 18, 2015 21:58 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
When attempting to play a 4K movie, the following PowerDVD error message now appears: "This is Guest account. Please change to an Admin account." But I don't have problem with a normal Blu-Ray movie.

I am using Win10, logged in as administrator. Why am I now getting the error message?. I have using PowerDVD 21 Ultra without any problems when play 4K movies until now.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

PS: I forgot to add that the Windows 10 64bit, has been all updates installed (21H1 Build 19043.1083)
Power DVD Ultra has the lastest update (Patch build 1519 Version: 21.0.1519.62)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2021 07:35

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When attempting to play a 4K movie, the following PowerDVD error message now appears: "This is Guest account. Please change to an Admin account." But I don't have problem with a normal Blu-Ray movie.

I am using Win10, logged in as administrator. Why am I now getting the error message?. I have using PowerDVD 21 Ultra without any problems when play 4K movies until now.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

PS: I forgot to add that the Windows 10 64bit, has been all updates installed (21H1 Build 19043.1083)
Power DVD Ultra has the lastest update (Patch build 1519 Version: 21.0.1519.62)

There hasn't been a PowerDVD update for three months, and multiple Windows updates recently...so the update must have changed or messed something up on your computer. I'd check on the Windows forums too, while we wait to see if anyone else responds saying they have the same issue.

Dave
EddyHD [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia Joined: Sep 18, 2015 21:58 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]

There hasn't been a PowerDVD update for three months, and multiple Windows updates recently...so the update must have changed or messed something up on your computer. I'd check on the Windows forums too, while we wait to see if anyone else responds saying they have the same issue.

Dave
Thanks Jet.
Yes, I think that is the problem. I'm not sure, but looks like the problem starts with the last Windows 10 uadate.
Eddy
Nusser [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2022 17:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem! Any solutions?