Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
images 'strobe' when scrubbing timeline
GaryR28 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2016 08:46 Messages: 12 Online
[Post New]
Just started for no apparent reason. While attempting to scrub the timeline, my images are displayed in a 'strobe' like manner, with black frames inbetween normal frames. Anyone have a clue? Thanks, GR

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2021 04:01

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just started for no apparent reason. While attempting to scrub the timeline, my images are displayed in a 'strobe' like manner, with black frames inbetween normal frames. Anyone have a clue? Thanks, GR

You might try turning off hardware decoding if it's checked in pref > Hardware Acceleration >

Jeff
GaryR28 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2016 08:46 Messages: 12 Online
[Post New]

You might try turning off hardware decoding if it's checked in pref > Hardware Acceleration >

Jeff

Jeff, I really appreciate your taking the time to help. Unfortunately, that didn't make any difference. I tried both options on and off, (Enable OpenCL technoloy .... and Enable hardware decoding). Also tried Optimize and NOT Optimize... no help there either. While at it, I tried the age old remedy of shut down, unplug and restarting... to no avail. Very distracting when editing and not getting a 'feel' for what I want. I've been a PwrDir user through 5 upgrades and never ran into this before.

Any other suggestions gladly accepted.
Thank you for your imput.
gary
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
When you say "scrub" are you manually dragging the scrubber or are you hitting "play" to preview that section?