Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Audio Processing
niktoman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 29, 2009 11:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am currently using PowerDVD 15 with Win10/pro/64. The latest patches and updates have been applied as of 07/03/21.

I use a 2-channel stereo system for watching movies. PDVD allows you to specify what type of audio system you are using and it digitally adapts the source movie audio to what you specify. For movies in 5.1, I believe PDVD is simply mixing the 5.1 channels together to 2 channels. However, there is no way to control the relative volume of the 5.1 channels when this mixing occurs. With PDVD 15, the center channel volume is way too low in the stereo mix. If I adjust the overall stereo volume to adequately hear the dialog, a subsequent bomb or explosion will blast me out of the room.

What I would like to see is the ability to control the relative volume of the 5.1 channels in the mixing process. Does this capability exist in a newer PDVD version? I have searched for this feature and I don’t see anything. Unfortunately, it’s not an easy topic to research or even ask as a question about.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
That's a really good suggestion and understandable, but PowerDVD doesn't allow for this. Have you tried selecting one of the other audio options? Or you can send a note to cyberlink and hope they can provide that update in a future version.

Dave