Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pan is Jumpy after Descreasing Video Speed
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
I have a clip recorded at 1080P 30 fps.

I did a 180-degree scenic pan, 19 seconds long, that was too fast and I slowed it down by 20% using "Tool/Video Speed".

After a "Produce" of 1080P 60 fps, the slowed-down pan is now jumpy or there are visible equally spaced small pauses at the pan progresses.

If I do not decrease the video speed, or in other words leave it at 19s, the pan is nice and smooth after Produce.

Do you have thoughts on how to slow down the pan and while keeping it nice and smooth?

Thanks!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a clip recorded at 1080P 30 fps.

I did a 180-degree scenic pan, 19 seconds long, that was too fast and I slowed it down by 20% using "Tool/Video Speed".

After a "Produce" of 1080P 60 fps, the slowed-down pan is now jumpy or there are visible equally spaced small pauses at the pan progresses.

If I do not decrease the video speed, or in other words leave it at 19s, the pan is nice and smooth after Produce.

Do you have thoughts on how to slow down the pan and while keeping it nice and smooth?

Thanks!

Since you are using a pure 0.20 speed scale, if you click the gear icon in "Video Speed" and click the "Apply interpolated technology..." you maybe a little happier.

Jeff
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]

Since you are using a pure 0.20 speed scale, if you click the gear icon in "Video Speed" and click the "Apply interpolated technology..." you maybe a little happier.

Jeff

Awesome! Thank you. I found the Interpolated technology tool and applied it with video speed at exactly 0.8. The resulting produced video was smooth no doubt however it was now grainy and I preferred the faster pan with cleaner video and left it unchanged. Ill play with it some more perhaps record at 1080/60 and see if I get better results.

Thanks again so much for the great help!