Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
powerdvd 21
titanwood [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 06, 2020 13:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I upgraded from my fully paid version of 20 to a paid version of 21.

I had ongoing long term issues with my 20 which tech support never solved, so I stupidly thought maybe 21 would be an upgrade and work, boy was I wrong.....

nothing works, always crashes, freezes

tech support just tells you to delete and do a fresh install, I have done that 6 times, and it is always the same, nothing works

worst thing is installing the 21 automatically deletes your 20, so i cant even go back to the semi functional 20

big waste of time and money, tech support takes days to respond, no real online support, totally useless

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2021 20:31

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Yep, fully understand that you have an ongoing long term issue exists since the old powerdvd 20 version installed on your pc. And, powerdvd always crashes, freezes, .... whatever. powerdvd is garbage.

However, my copy works so fine on two of my laptops which I bought in different years.

If the issues keep occurring on your pc when using powerdvd, I'm wondering how long you have bought your PC, and what's the last time you reinstalled Windows on the PC that currently installed with powerdvd 21?
Is the PC pre-installed with Windows 7 or 8 originally then upgraded to the new Windows 10 when the Windows 10 got released in 2015?

In most cases, uncommon issues can be resolved by reinstalling the Windows OS to give the PC a comprehensive cleaning.

FYI

By the way, if you bought an upgrade license version with "upgrade" or "discount" price, it is not surprising that the upgrade installation process would remove the previous version while you ran the upgrade.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 02. 2021 03:55