Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I set the default aspect ratio for projects?
[Post New]
This one should be simple, but from my experiences, PowerDirector is anything but simple.

I just need to set the default aspect ratio for projects and have it not change back after closing the program. I already know of Edit>Aspect Ratio> but I have to change that every single time I make a new project. When I first open it, it defaults to 16:9. How do I change this so it automatically defaults to 4:3? I record in 4:3, I upload to YouTube which supports 4:3, I need this to default to 4:3.

But of course I can't find this setting anywhere.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This one should be simple, but from my experiences, PowerDirector is anything but simple.

I just need to set the default aspect ratio for projects and have it not change back after closing the program. I already know of Edit>Aspect Ratio> but I have to change that every single time I make a new project. When I first open it, it defaults to 16:9. How do I change this so it automatically defaults to 4:3? I record in 4:3, I upload to YouTube which supports 4:3, I need this to default to 4:3.

But of course I can't find this setting anywhere.

Hi,

Which PDR version are you referring to??

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I have found that my previous versions of PD defaults to the last saved project aspect ratio. You may want to go to Preferences/Confirmation and ensure that Always enter the timeline mode at startup is unchecked so that you can see what it is on the splash screen and make any changes necessary. Loading any project and not saving it as a 4:3 project does not change it. Only saving that 4:3 project will cause the same AR the next time PD is closed and opened again.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 01. 2021 10:49