Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dark Videos any way to recover using Power Director or Color Director
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I had some 4K 30 10 bit 4 2 2 video recording of a stage fashion show where there was a strong backlight daylight coming and it caused all the video to be dark as far as the people walking. The daylight in the background is bright and normal looking but the people walking are totally dark

This was in horrible conditions as I have also seen others phone videos where the faces are much dimmer as well although the phone videos are brighter than my camera footage

Is there any memory or LUT or anything that can try to recover the footage ?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Obviously you'd want to manually set the exposure next time, but your best bets to use your current clips are:

1. Use Fix / Enhance > Lighting Adjustment with the Extreme Backlight option checked

2. Playing with Exposure/Brightness/Contrast/Highlight Healing/Shadow settings of the Color Adjustment tool

3. Applying one of the Gamma Correction FX and/or the NewBlue Shadows and Highlights FX

You may be able to get a watchable result from a combination of these tools, but it will take much longer to produce these clips than if the drastic color changes weren't needed.

Experimenting with different Color Presets or LUTs may also help but I don't have any recommendations for which ones to try.
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I will try those but I think it is going to kill the facial detail, etc

It may help a lot with the outfit the person is wearing but will probably destroy facial details