Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Question about Vertical Videos
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I thought someone asked about this before and I just searched but could not find it

I recorded a video 4k 30 at 16:9 and I want to convert it to vertical so if people see it posted on facebook, etc while on their phones, they can see full vertical view of the person

This is a video panning from down to up of a person to show the outfit, etc

in Power Director 18 I used Zoom and crop and picked 9:16 and converted the video but I think it converted it as 16:9 anyways

Do I have to create custom profile for this

I put the video on my Samsung Phone and it did not play in full vertical; you had to go horizontal and that makes it look smaller

The only reason I want to do this because the mass public views everything on their phone and if this video has just 1 person in it, then vertical will look better on the phone

Hoping there is an easy way to convert this
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone have any solutions on this ?

I converted a 16 9 video on Power Director to a 9 16 video and zoom cropped but when I played it on my phone, it did not play vertically the way I wanted. It was small

Does anyone know how to convert these 16 9 videos into vertical videos for phone viewing ?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Does anyone have any solutions on this ?

I converted a 16 9 video on Power Director to a 9 16 video and zoom cropped but when I played it on my phone, it did not play vertically the way I wanted. It was small

Does anyone know how to convert these 16 9 videos into vertical videos for phone viewing ?

Hi,

Shot a vertical panning clip with a phone in 16:9 horizontal format, a door in the office.

I did the following on both PDR18 and 19.
Loaded into media library at default AR of 16:9
Changed project AR to 9:16

Resized to bring the vertical scroll content - just the door - to fully fit the 9:16 canvas
Produced to the default 4K 2160x3840/30p

The resulting file played as a 9:16 file in
PDR
Quicktime
VLC
WMP
my Nokia phone

However MPC-HC did not play it as 9:16 but as 16:9

MediaInfo shows the produced file with an AR of 16:9 but a Rotation flag of 90deg.

Perhaps your Samsung is not reading the file as 9:16?
Check the MediaInfo details and see if your produced file has a 90deg rotation flag set?

Hope that helps.
Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do