Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 365 Free
BlueCat58 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2021 16:42 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to create a Time Lapse with 10,000 images.

I'm fairly sure I'm using the FREE 365 version. Not going to spend money if it won't work.

"Click here or drag the selected clip to the desired track"

I have tried dragging and clicking and the program just sits there. No indication if it is doing anything, not even "not responding" or a circly thing. Checked the task manager and no abnormally high memory or CPU usage. Had to force stop the program due to a bunch of 0KB images on my first tries. Stupid programmers make you click No for EVERY frickin' image that is bad. Uh, idiots, you may be perfect but most users aren't. There need to be a "No to all" option, morons. (I am NOT a fan of programmers that do NOT think about all the things that end-users might do wrong and program EASY, safe ways to get correct them. Force stopping a program is NOT a good option, but maybe a lazy one for the programmers.)

Is there a limit to the number of images that the FREE version can handle? The images are about 400KB each and I'm not trying to do anything fancy. Just get them on a timeline to do a Time Lapse.

I did do a somewhat successful Time Lapse with fewer of the same type of images. Other than the first half of the project being blank, it seemed to work.

I don't have a high-end system, i5, GTX1060 3GB, 16 GB RAM, but those are pretty good specs for a home user.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD really not the tool for pic to video conversion. A discussion here gives you some options. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82357.page#post_box_339180

Jeff
BlueCat58 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2021 16:42 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD really not the tool for pic to video conversion. A discussion here gives you some options. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82357.page#post_box_339180

Jeff

Why is something that should be so simple, so difficult?

I used Lapse It Pro to take the photos.

1. I got 20,000

2. 10,000 were 0KB so I'm guessing they didn't record. I'm checking with Lapse It for an answer.

3. PowerDirector simply pops up an error when it hit the first 0KB image. Then pops up a the same message expecting me to click through 10,000 times, so I go to task manager and end the process.

4. Since the error message doesn't actually tell me what is wrong, it took several times before I went to the folder to look at the files and discovered 0KB.

5. Tried moving the 10,000 images from the Media Library to the Timeline and it just sits there. No error telling me I can only have 2,500 images in Media Library at a time.

6. OK, so now and I work through this, I might go and try adding 2,499 images to Media Library at a time to move to the timeline and try to create a video that way.

7. So I followed your link and ffmpeg has a bit of a learning curve as do most of the other programs. (Lapse It crashed and I can't get into the gallery option to have Lapse It render my time-lapse.)

All we wanted to do is experiment with doing a time-lapse. Now, the frustration is to the point where it isn't fun anymore.

Thank you for the information. This is just venting. And it helped because I have a PowerDirector option of trying 2,499 at a time.
Johnkl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2017 13:48 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]

Why is something that should be so simple, so difficult?

I used Lapse It Pro to take the photos.

1. I got 20,000

2. 10,000 were 0KB so I'm guessing they didn't record. I'm checking with Lapse It for an answer.

3. PowerDirector simply pops up an error when it hit the first 0KB image. Then pops up a the same message expecting me to click through 10,000 times, so I go to task manager and end the process.

4. Since the error message doesn't actually tell me what is wrong, it took several times before I went to the folder to look at the files and discovered 0KB.

5. Tried moving the 10,000 images from the Media Library to the Timeline and it just sits there. No error telling me I can only have 2,500 images in Media Library at a time.

6. OK, so now and I work through this, I might go and try adding 2,499 images to Media Library at a time to move to the timeline and try to create a video that way.

7. So I followed your link and ffmpeg has a bit of a learning curve as do most of the other programs. (Lapse It crashed and I can't get into the gallery option to have Lapse It render my time-lapse.)

All we wanted to do is experiment with doing a time-lapse. Now, the frustration is to the point where it isn't fun anymore.

Thank you for the information. This is just venting. And it helped because I have a PowerDirector option of trying 2,499 at a time.

I use Gopro Studio for making video of timelaps or many stills