Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 19 Green Screen Feature
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I currently use PD 18 but I know PD 19 shows new feature that says creating green screen from any video ,etc

I wanted to ask people how effective that feature is in PD 19 ?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not aware of any new PD tool that removes all background from any video. If you're referring to the Green Screen feature shown near the top of the page here, that's simply chroma-keying, which has been part of PD for many years.

In the newest version of ColorDirector (both v9 and 365), there is a tool that will let you brush out the content you want to keep/remove and replace that with a blue or green screen. I haven't used that feature before, but here's a tutorial and here are the instructions for using it.

You can download a trial version and test it yourself to see if it's suitable for your needs.
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
yes I remember that brief YT video from before. So this is for Color Director 9. I have Color 7 myself

I am very curious about people's experience with that

You can also use that type of tracking on Color 7 but it is a pain if the video is longer to try to get it right; you may have to go frame by frame and that will take forever for even a 5 minute video

Not sure what advantage there is in the Color 9 version vs Color 7 regarding the tracking and color replacement, etc