Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Editing the Root menu buttons: How do I control what they link to?
Artsyvideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 09, 2021 22:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am new to Power Director and I am trying to edit my root menu buttons. I have been unsuccessful at being able to figure out how to tell the program where I want the specific buttons to link to. I've tried 3 different templates, and I've also created my own from scratch, and every single one of them has defaulted to only 2 buttons on the root menu, and they are automatically designated as "PLAY" and "SCENES". When I preview the menu navigation, the "SCENES" button takes me to a page of the thumbnails of the two videos I've imported. From there, it goes to individual chapter menus for the videos. I find this "middle man" menu completely unnecessary. I want the viewer to be able to go directly from the root menu to either of the two chapter menus for the videos.
Anybody know how to do this, or if it is even possible? I could not find anything on all the tutorials I watched about this. Thanks so much!Screenshot of menu structure
[Thumb - PD-MenuQuestion.jpg]
 Filename
PD-MenuQuestion.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screenshot of menu layout
 Filesize
273 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 11. 2021 18:37

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The PowerDirector menu system can be great once you figure out what you can and cannot do. Easy to see where one can be confused For example:

Many items can be added to the Root menu like more than 3. The first 3 are for Play, Scenes, Subtitles toggle. The others added do nothing although they were allowed to be created. The item names can be changed to say Play All, Scene Selection, etc. but they do the same thing. You cannot change what they link to.

The extra menu in the Menu Structure screenshot is there because you added a project maybe with chapter/titles created. Use the scroll bar to the bottom to see the chapter/titles in the other project.

From your description of your project earlier, you don’t need the root menu at all so uncheck include the root menu. The first menu you see then will have say two selections; The first title which consist of chapters and the second project which can also have chapters. Try this and I think that it is closer to what you originally intended.