Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Regarding license for powerdirector 365
SL_Meitei [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2020 23:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have 3 questions regarding license.

1. I have made video using power director 365 and I produced video in H.264 AVC. I am going to put these videos in a website where I will be selling the videos as a part of an online course. In the license term, I noticed that for commercial purpose, I have to get the license from H.264/MPEG-4 AVC - AVC Patent Portfolio License.
Does that mean, I have to contact the licensor before I start selling the course?

2. If I use the audio from the background audios provided by Powerdirector, do I need to get some special license to use these audios for commercial purpose?

3. In case of any copyright claim from YouTube regarding background music, is there any document that I can use?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]

1. No. You don't need a special license for posting your video. You're selling the content, not the codec.

2. The audio and music you get through PowerDirector is royalty-free. That means you can use them in any project, even a project you plan to make money off of.

3. Since the music is royalty-free, this should not happen.