Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD17 capture stops-insufficient disc space
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
PD17 seems incapable of capturing analog past 4.1gb, then stops and a pop up states insufficient hard disc space, though there is plenty.
This never happened until I had an SSD put in my laptop.
PD13 runs fine with no cutoff.
Has anyone experienced this potential bug? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds very much like your drive is formatted with FAT32, which imposes a ~4GB limit on all files. Convert your drive to NTFS or exFAT and you'll be a happier crab.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Sounds very much like your drive is formatted with FAT32, which imposes a ~4GB limit on all files. Convert your drive to NTFS or exFAT...
Hi there Opto!
I thought of that but I can use both PD13 and VirtualDub for larger files, in the case of VirtualDub the files are huuuge.
In addition the SSD was cloned from my previous drive and 17 worked fine.
However, I will double check when I get home and report back.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If VDub and PD13 have no trouble then it's probably not the drive format. I don't have any capture hardware on my desktop where I have PD17 installed, but by any chance did you have the Disk type set to DVD instead of BluRay?

I know it's not the kind of mistake a pro like you would make, but there's gotta be a reason you're seeing this now and DVDs have a size limit of 4.7GB.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Quote If VDub and PD13 have no trouble then it's probably not the drive format. I don't have any capture hardware on my desktop where I have PD17 installed, but by any chance did you have the Disk type set to DVD instead of BluRay?

I know it's not the kind of mistake a pro like you would make, but there's gotta be a reason you're seeing this now and DVDs have a size limit of 4.7GB.
To clarify, its analog tape capture. Straight to hard drive.
optodata
[Post New]
I got that, so I guess my lack of expereince using capture is showing here. I thought you might have to specify the target disk when recording which might be why a limit was reached. If that's not the case then I may be out of ideas. I'm already clearly out of my depth foot-in-mouth
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Same behavior on my tower using PD17.
This is some type of error involving the SSD and the program.
Time to raise a ticket. Certainly I will get the full attention of the analog capture division... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT