Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestion: Hope PowerDirector 19 or Newer Version Supports Exporting Video to Free Format
All Happy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2021 21:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cyberlink,

I don't know where should I express my suggestion to you, so I try in this forum.

Due to the fact that many video and audio format/standard are non-royalty-free (eg. H.264, H.265, AAC, MPEG2) and require end user to have license to use (encoding, decoding, and even distributing content in certain standard), I hope that Cyberlink seriously consider making PowerDirector 19, which I'm using, and newer version to support the exporting of video into free format/standard such as VP8, VP9, Opus and etc.

This is because the user might need to import the videos edited with and exported from PowerDirector to other software which is not licensed under those non-royalty-free licenses such as AVC License.

Many of the standard licensors do not allow importing content in the non-royalty-free standard to those unlicensed software even for non-commercial purpose.

Therefore, being able to export video to free format such as VP8 and VP9 is very important for the users.

Thanks.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
In the File menu of PD is the option to forward suggestions to CL. Select: rate us & provide suggestions and a small window opens in which you can put your suggestion.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The only way to use other codecs is to install PD as a 32bit app, then a whole new world of outputs will be available, including an FFDshow if installed) interface and tons of video filters.
The drawback being you are limited to output frame size of 4:3 for most, if not all choices.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2021 12:56

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Actually if someone knows how to hack the windows AVI to put out 720x480, that's gold. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT