CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multi-Region support?
Reply to this topic
Offler [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 02, 2021 11:27 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I just purchased steelbook with UHD BD + BD + Stream bundle with Ghost in the Shell.

UHD BD should be region free.

BD package shows its multi-region disk (ABC), unfortunately disk itself shows region A (America) while i reside in region B (Europe).

Both of my BluRay drives are multi-region, but PowerDVD does not allow me to set this. I can choose only one of those, and perform that change only 5x.

Back when CRT TVs were a thing, regions had importance, because you could not properly display PAL on NTSC system and vice-versa.

Now BluRays are all HD (1920x1080, 8bit Color, Bt 709, SDR), so the region requirement no longer makes any sense + my hardware should not have trouble with it.

In my collection is just one another disk which specifically requires Region B/C and enforces it through protection and its Fight Club.

Most bluray disks i own are either multiregion or do not enforce the region regardless of package information.

Is there any way how to set PowerDVD to multiregion?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 637 Offline
[Post New]
Nope, unforuntately there isn't.

Dave
Reply to this topic