Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio issue in Split and Combine..
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
I've cut one video into two parts
I've muted one part and left other part unmuted.
When i combine both parts then then whole video get muted .

is there any way that if i combine two parts of video then unmuted part remains unmuted and muted part remains muted.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 05. 2021 08:53

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've cut one video into two parts
I've muted one part and left other part unmuted.
When i combine both parts then then whole video get muted .

is there any way that if i combine two parts of video then unmuted part remains unmuted and muted part remains muted.

No, as mute applies to clip so can't have a clip half and half.

No real need to combine, but if you want to and you don't want the audio, unlink, delete muted audio section, then combine. Or, don't split and mute in the first place, just change audio level to 0.

Jeff
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
If you have muted by un-tagging the audio from the track, all clips within that track will be muted. No way to get around that. There are three ways to solve this:
1) produce the to be muted part of your clip in isolation and insert the resulting clip to replace the original clip, or
2) Move the to be muted clip part to a separate track and mute that track.
3) selected the to be muted clip and unlink audio and video en delete the audio-part.
Obviously 2 and 3 are the easiest solutions, but 1 may be more convenient if you have a more complex timeline.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 05. 2021 09:10

mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]

No, as mute applies to clip so can't have a clip half and half.

No real need to combine, but if you want to and you don't want the audio, unlink, delete muted audio section, then combine. Or, don't split and mute in the first place, just change audio level to 0.

Jeff

You forget to tell the last step that one has to link audio after combining otherwise only video will combine not audio becz we had unlinked audio with video in first step.
This is what I've done.
I've unlink muted part, delete & combine it and then Link the unmuted part of audio. It works.

Anyways Thanks. You rock.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 06. 2021 04:16