CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lock aspect ratio when resizing or rotating clips
Reply to this topic
Tom Wallaby [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Apr 27, 2021 12:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure the proper name. Is there a way to lock the aspect ratio when resizing or rotating layers? On desktop editing apps it's usually holding shift while you rotate or resize. I go to rotate something and my fat fingers also seem to resize at the same time.

Sorry if this is obvious and I'm missing it.
Thanks in advance.
Maliek
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 631 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure the proper name. Is there a way to lock the aspect ratio when resizing or rotating layers? On desktop editing apps it's usually holding shift while you rotate or resize. I go to rotate something and my fat fingers also seem to resize at the same time.

Sorry if this is obvious and I'm missing it.
Thanks in advance.

I'm not aware of a means to lock the scale or position when rotating layers. What I do (I have shared this method on several of my YouTube tutorials) is use the Transform Keyfrane effect to capture the position, scale and rotation of the object prior to changing it. Then if I want to change the rotation I rotate the object and try to keep the scale and position exactly the same as it was prior to changing the rotation. That usually works well for me.
Reply to this topic