Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Drive & Missing files.
Crescenn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2020 17:21 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Good Afternoon,

I would like to ask you (community) if there is a way around this minimalistic problem I am having each time I open a project. If there is not, it is ok, it would just spare me some time and remove a tedious process that I am forced to go through multiple times a day.

Basically, I work on various projects a day and I work with other people through Drive. Each time I open a project that has been edited by someone else in the Drive I have to search for the video and img files manually which is fine. The big problem is with multiple (30-50, sometimes more) WAV files that are not inside the project. And I have to manualy press Ignore those 50 times each time I open a project.

To my understanding of what could be happening, is that maybe the other person with whome I work on every project has on his cyberlink folder all those WAV files downloaded from the music library that Cyberlink app provides us, and since I do not (becouse I do not do the audio part) it asks me to search for them.

TL;DR: Is there a way in the app preferences to toggle off/on all audio files?

Thank you kindly for reading this and answering if so,
Crescenn.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Good Afternoon,

I would like to ask you (community) if there is a way around this minimalistic problem I am having each time I open a project. If there is not, it is ok, it would just spare me some time and remove a tedious process that I am forced to go through multiple times a day.

Basically, I work on various projects a day and I work with other people through Drive. Each time I open a project that has been edited by someone else in the Drive I have to search for the video and img files manually which is fine. The big problem is with multiple (30-50, sometimes more) WAV files that are not inside the project. And I have to manualy press Ignore those 50 times each time I open a project.

To my understanding of what could be happening, is that maybe the other person with whome I work on every project has on his cyberlink folder all those WAV files downloaded from the music library that Cyberlink app provides us, and since I do not (becouse I do not do the audio part) it asks me to search for them.

TL;DR: Is there a way in the app preferences to toggle off/on all audio files?

Thank you kindly for reading this and answering if so,
Crescenn.

Hi,

If I understand the issue correctly, because it's a little difficult to test using just one system, then because the 1st user project .pds file holds all the file references for the media library (used or not), any subsequent user with a different media library has to find and/or ignore files that don't exist in their own library?

Quick idea, but depends on logistics and workflow.
Before anyone saves a project file, use the Rt Click menu in the media library to Remove All Unused Content from the Library, then save the project ready for use by another user. This will give a .pds file that only references the media files needed by that project, not others in the 1st user's Media Libray
That may minimise the problem of having to ignore a load of files that only exist in another user's library, for a completely different purpose/project?
Worth a try?

They may be a more complete workflow that relies on importing/exporting different libraries (which could perhaps be shared?) but that might take a bit of analysis and planning to get it working properly.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.
Crescenn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 19, 2020 17:21 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

If I understand the issue correctly, because it's a little difficult to test using just one system, then because the 1st user project .pds file holds all the file references for the media library (used or not), any subsequent user with a different media library has to find and/or ignore files that don't exist in their own library?

Quick idea, but depends on logistics and workflow.
Before anyone saves a project file, use the Rt Click menu in the media library to Remove All Unused Content from the Library, then save the project ready for use by another user. This will give a .pds file that only references the media files needed by that project, not others in the 1st user's Media Libray
That may minimise the problem of having to ignore a load of files that only exist in another user's library, for a completely different purpose/project?
Worth a try?

They may be a more complete workflow that relies on importing/exporting different libraries (which could perhaps be shared?) but that might take a bit of analysis and planning to get it working properly.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.

It did work, thank you so so much!

Sory for late reply, had to wait for next project and contact the other editor to try it out.